CCAPP Postdoctoral Fellow
The Center of Cosmology and Astro Particle Physics
Ohio State University
15. "Progenitor distributions of supernova remnants in the Small Magellanic Clouds using star
Auchettl, K. A., Lopez, L., Badenes, C., Ramirez-Ruiz, E., Holland-Ashford, T.*
Submitted to ApJ
14. "XMM-Newton observation of supernova remnant G346.6-0.2"
Auchettl, K. A., Ng, C.-Y., Wong, B.T.T.*, Lopez, L., Slane, P., ApJ, 847 (2017), 121.
13. "The empirical dependence of the tidal disruption event rate on stellar surface mass density
and velocity dispersion"
Graur, O., French, K. D., Zahid, H. J., Guillochon, J., Mandel, K. S., Auchettl, K. A., Zabludoff., A. I.
arXiv:1707.02986, Submitted to ApJ
12. "Comparing Neutron Star Kicks to Supernova Remnant Asymmetries"
Holland-Ashford, T.*, Lopez, L., Auchettl, K. A., Temim, T., and Ramirez-Ruiz, E., ApJ, 844 (2017), 84.
11. "Using HAWC to Discover Invisible Pulsars"
Brown, J.S.* , Kochanek, C. S., Holoien, T. W.-S. , Stanek, K. Z., Auchettl, K. A., et al.
arXiv:1704.02321, Accepted to MNRAS
10. "Using HAWC to Discover Invisible Pulsars"
Linden, T., Auchettl, K. A., Bramante, J., Cholis, I., Fang, K., Hooper, D., Karwal, T., Li, S.
arXiv:1703.09704, Accepted to PRD
9. "Comparison of the X-ray emission from Tidal Disruption Events with those of Active Galactic Nuclei"
Auchettl, K. A., Ramirez-Ruiz, E., and Guillochon, J.
arXiv:1703.06141, Accepted to ApJ
8. "A Test of the Neutron Star Hypothesis for Fomalhaut b"
Poppenhaeger, K., Auchettl, K. A., Wolk, S., MNRAS, (2017) 468, 4018.
7. "New physical insights about Tidal Disruption Events from a comprehensive observational inventory at
Auchettl, K. A., Guillochon, J., and Ramirez-Ruiz, E., ApJ, 838 (2017), 149.
6. "The Long Term Evolution of ASASSN-14li"
Brown, J.S.* , Holoien,T. W.-S.* , Auchettl, K. A., Stanek, K. Z., et al., MNRAS, (2017) 466, 4904.
5. "Multi-wavelength analysis of Galactic supernova remnant MSH11-61A"
Auchettl, K. A., Slane, P., Castro, D., Forster, A and Smith, R. K. ApJ, 810 (2015), 43.
4. "X-ray analysis of the proper motion and pulsar wind nebula for PSR J1741-2054"
Auchettl, K. A., Slane, P., Romani, R. W., and XVP-PWN collaboration., ApJ, 892 (2015), 68.
3. "Fermi-LAT Observations of Supernova Remnant Kesteven 79"
Auchettl, K. A., Slane, P., Castro, D. ApJ, 783 (2014), 32.
2. "Extracting the size of the cosmic ray anomaly"
Auchettl, K. A., Balazs, C., ApJ, 749 (2012), 184.
1. "INTERFEROME: The database of IFN regulated genes"
Samarajiwa, S., Forster, S., Auchettl, K. A., Hertzog, P., Nuclei Acids Research 2009, Vol. 37: D852.
Detailed CV can be found here
2015 -- 2018: CCAPP Postdoctoral Fellow
The Center for Astro-particle Physics and Cosmology
The Ohio State University
2012 -- 2015: Ph.D., Physics and Astronomy, Monash University
2011 -- 2012: M.Sc., Physics, University of Waterloo and the Perimeter Institute of Theoretical Physics
2007 -- 2010: B.Sc (Hons)., Physics and Mathematics, Monash University
I am currently a CCAPP Postdoctoral Fellow at the Ohio State University.
My research focuses on understanding the physical processes and observational signatures related to the extreme death of stars, and how these processes influence, and are influenced by their surrounding environment. In particular, I use spaced- and ground- based instruments to study tidal disruption events, black holes, supernovae, and their diffuse and compact objects.
I earned my Ph.D. in Physics and Astronomy from Monash University in 2015 studying the high energy emission from supernova remnants and pulsar wind nebulae. During my Ph.D. I was a Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory Predoctoral fellow at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. I received my Masters of Science from University of Waterloo in 2012, where I was also a Perimeter Scholars International student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. I received a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Physics from Monash University in 2010.
I am from Melbourne, Australia 🇦🇺
Address: Center for Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics Physics Research Building, Office M2024 191 W. Woodruff Ave. Columbus, OH, 43212 U.S.A.